Monday, June 19, 2017

June in Review : Egyptian Dancer in Hawaii

Wow...  I am REALLY bad at updating this.  I apologize.  With handling dancer business, kids, and my regular work, I just forget!

The beginning of this month was really busy!  The second week was filled with 4 shows!  I got to entertain at the new Kan Zaman restaurant in Kaimuki, which is just awesome.  I absolutely love the new place.  The customers were also very awesome as well!

Karim Nagi came to visit us dancers on Oahu that following weekend!  I was so excited and it was probably the best time I've had.  All the workshops were enjoyable and challenging, which is something I have been looking for recently.  I also had the honor to dance in his show with a new costume I created and designed myself.  I have to say, I learned so much and I was sad it ended...  :(  Until next time!

I also got to start the graduation season with a show last week, which was awesome!  I also broke out the balancing tray, which I had been wanting to do for some time now.  I'm glad everyone had fun!

Recently, I have been taking online courses with Joana Saahirah.  She asked this really important question:  "Why do you perform?"  It's something I haven't asked myself and it really made me think.  We can say "I dance because blah blah blah" but why we perform is a totally different question.  Everyone's answer will be different.  I had to really think about it.  A really great question posed to performers.

I won't be sharing my reasons here as I don't want to influence anyone happening by my little blog.  Is anyone happening by??  No?  That's OK.  If you are, maybe share why you perform!  Let me know!  ...Or keep it to yourself.  haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment